The Cedar Fairmount Special Improvement District Board of Trustees is seeking a resourceful, inventive, result-oriented, self starter, professional Executive Director. This individual should be able to utilize the neighborhood and surrounding area assets, to increase business and improve overall conditions within the Cedar Fairmount SID.
CFSID Background and Mission
The Cedar Fairmount Special Improvement District (SID) was created in 2009. It is a non-profit organization dedicated to marketing and advocacy for the property owners and merchants of the Cedar Fairmount Business area of Cleveland Heights, OH. The area spans a designated geographic area from Buffalo Wild Wings to Nighttown Restaurant on the north side of Cedar Road. It is from Luna Bakery Café to Chase Bank on Fairmount Boulevard and Cedar Road on the south. The Business area is composed of individual small merchants, restaurants, and professional offices.
The mission for the Cedar Fairmount SID is to provide marketing, beautification, maintenance, economic and physical improvement programs; to benefit not only the businesses, but the surrounding Cleveland Heights Community.
The Cedar Fairmount SID has an annual budget of approximately $80,000. The CFSID is responsible for the district marketing, maintenance, economic development, special events, and beautification of the designated area in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
This is a part-time, 1099 independent contractor position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of marketing experience, a bachelor degree (masters a plus), excellent communication skills, and strong project management skills, knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel, and Quick Books. The ideal candidate shall also have:
- A background in marketing/branding.
- Familiarity with electronic media.
- Public relations experience, with local media contacts.
- Ability to develop alternative funding sources and collaborations, including grants from government and foundations, and fund raising.
- Event planning capabilities.
- Basic graphic design experience.
- Ability to prepare and execute a scope of service for maintenance of the district.
- Ability to seek bids for SID projects and maintenance.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with other organizations,including property owners, local businesses, government agencies, foundations, and non-profit organizations.
- Experience establishing long-and short-term plans for growth and expansion of an organization such as the SID.
- Financial expertise for oversight of budgets, including the maintenance of accurate financial records for federal tax filings, audits and compliance with state and local laws
The Executive Director provides leadership and expertise, as he or she reports to the SID Board of Trustees and works with the Board to develop sound work plans which translate the SID’s mission into realistic goals and objectives.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter, resume, and salary history/current salary requirement to email@example.com. Please include “CFSID Executive Director” in the subject line. Deadline is November 15, 2018.